Friday 7 January 2022

People that have helped me.

 Day 6 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge: 

Someone that has helped me. 

Story time: 

A long time ago, we were trying to have a baby. Had a couple of losses and it was getting dim. Then we did got pregnant, through the 1st trimester, almost through the 2nd semester, and then bam... at 22 weeks, I went into early labour. I was hospitalized for a week, preparing for the worst (the word non-viable was being floated). By a miracle, the labour stopped. As a result though,  I had to be on complete bedrest until 36 weeks (term). 

So that meant, not working, not being able to cook, clean, or do anything except lie on a coach and be bored. 

The people that helped me, were ladies of our church. My mom arranged for them to come by, keep me company while husband was working, helped clean and cook for us not because we needed that (my husband is decent at both), but because they wanted to help. 

The biggest thing though, was they taught me to knit. Because I couldnt do anything active, they said that knitting would keep my mind off the stress of the high-risk pregnancy. So, that's what we did. I learned how to knit preemie hats, and finger puppets for our children's hospital. 

This really helped keep my mind of what was going on and it is something that I continue to do. 

The ending of the story, my daughter (K1)  was born at 35 weeks, healthy and a firecracker. and K2 was born 2.5 years later (a textbook, perfect pregnancy). 

I am thankful for all the prayers, chats and help we received during that time and they helped me. Not only did they teach me a new skill, but they helped ease our lives when we were going through a tough time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment