Monday 3 January 2022

Dang it COVID

 Day three of the Ultimate Blog Challenge, and the prompt is write about someone I admire. 

But  I can't do that right now so I will talk about COVID. Between Christmas and New Year's, we got word that the schools were going online again. We could mentally prepare for it. Today we  go back to a modified level 4, where lots more things are closed, and we are back to working from home for the most part. 

I am not doing well with this. The past 2 years have been extremely hard for someone who craves social interaction and people. I only just got back to dancing and now, that is taken away from me. My 2 girls, one who is a competitive synchro swimmer and the other a dancer, is now back online with their training. 

We are so beyond done with it. 

Now I have heard people say to me, "your lucky. why are you upset? Count your blessings." But you know what, those words are not helpful. When people complain about it, then we need to say "yes. that really sucks. How are you coping?" Be a listening ear to someone. 

Let us feel our feelings so we can process them. Once we process our feelings we can move on. 

Don't pick your nose, wash your hands, and most of all, please be kind to one another as we go through another month of this. 

Peace and love, 

NavyHawk

No comments:

Post a Comment