Saturday 1 January 2022

2022, the word is Hope.

Hello World! 

I have attempted blogs in the past but I have never kept up for a lot of reasons. One being why would anyone want to read random thoughts of a Xennial Mom in small town Canada. 

These past 2 years have taught me that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, or does and that life is short. I need to focus on what will make me happy and writing random thoughts makes me happy. 

So hi! I'm NavyHawk. I am a Xennial mom to 2 lovely girls. I am a wife to a supportive husband and we truly are a team. I work full time at a job I love. I am a Christian who is deconstructing parts of her faith, and rebuilding it to be stronger and more progressive than I have been in the past. I enjoy coffee and tea, knitting, reading and trying to live a sustainable, healthy lifestyle while still enjoying indulgences! It's all about balance. 

Now that  long winded intro is over, let's get started. 

2021 was rough. I won't be sharing all the details but it was. Mentally, physically, emotionally, just rough. But there was a lot of good. 

We spent lots of time as a family exploring our beautiful province and being tourists at home. 

We learned to focus on what really matters and cut out the crap that didn't. 

We learned that mental health is just as important as physical health.

We ended the year the same way we started, under Covid restrictions but enjoyed the low-key holidays. 

2022 will bring hope and light. My girls last night said they were hopeful, even though we are back to school online to start the year, we are hopeful. Hopeful that there is a light at the end of tunnel. Hopeful that this will be the year the pandemic winds down and life can get to a new normal. Hopeful we can see people behind their masks. Hopeful that we can take what we've learned these past 2 years and continue to grow as people. 

So here's to 2022 and Hope. 

Peace and  love
NavyHawk


No comments:

Post a Comment